richiedesign-art

staying creative everyday

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Over Printing





"over printing" 2006
5-6 color linoleum print [I can't remember the final count]
based from photos from David Zaitz
various paper Sommerset/BK Rives
image size 15" x "13"
framed size 28" x "23"

Mono prints [two available for purchase/printmaking paper]
also available 4-5 printers test sheets [coated and uncoated sheets]

available for $150 [print only- printmaking paper]
printer's test sheets available for $75 see next posting for images
framed available for $210 [not matted/backed with printmaking paper]
shipping additional

contact me at silva_richele[at]yahoo.com for purchase information

What started out to be a linoleum reduction...had a series of circumstances change my direction. Because reductions are all about registration/any slip and the print is ruined. I didn't realize while printing the 3rd color that the lino had separated from the block and had moved an 1/8th of an inch the whole run. I decided to make it a project of overprinting after that and carved two additional blocks and printed various versions of what you see here. 3 blocks total were used. the first 3 colors were reduction, the remaining consisted of the other blocks.

The end result is a cool Warhol effect that is truly a limited edition print. I only completed three sheets of proper printmaking paper [one is housed at the Otis Lab press] If you're looking for limited edition this is your print. This project took over two months to complete. Due to the time and monoprint nature I raised the price from my other prints.

I'll do another posting with some of the printer's test sheets as well for viewing. All the variations are quiet lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Che said...

Richele, I love this piece of art and I wish i were rich (is that how you pronounce your nickname? ...or is it like the "ch" in waSHing maCHine?

I'm so glad you're in Mike's life. After looking at his chart, he desperately needs someone to reanimate the Aesthetic in his life.

I also appreciated the blog about organization being the most important first step to designing a home.

I will read more and more of your blogs to learn more Thank you!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home